Introducing Brian O'Driscoll in The Green Room for England v Ireland in the Guinness 6 Nations 2022.
Brian O’Driscoll is undoubtedly one of the greatest players ever to have graced the rugby pitch and we are absolutely thrilled one of the true icons of the game will be joining us in The Green Room when England take on Ireland in Guinness 6 Nations action on Sat 12 March at Twickenham.
Many would argue Brian O’Driscoll is the greatest outside centre to have played the game. Tough-tackling and defensively brilliant, O’Driscoll combined toughness, physicality and hard running with attacking flair, composure, dazzling touch, and an eye for the try line. Known as ‘BOD’, he was a talisman for Leinster, Ireland and the British Lions in a glittering international career that spanned 15 years (1999-2014). Here are just some of the tries that made Brian O'Driscoll one of the most feared players of his generation.
Credit: Andrew Forde
"Brian is one of the best I faced – an absolute nightmare to play against, a real legend of the game and a great guy off the pitch too. I’m sure Green Room guests will enjoy meeting him in March."
In celebration of Brian O’Driscoll joining us in The Green Room, we wanted to take a look at the stats which cement his status as one of the best to ever do it. We think you’ll agree the stats don’t lie and we hope you’re as excited as we are that the former Ireland and British Lions captain will be present in The Green Room for what should be an electrifying encounter.
BRIAN O'DRISCOLL IN NUMBERS - 13 OF THE BEST
- Played in 141 Tests including 131 Tests for Ireland and 8 for the British & Irish Lions
- Currently* O’Driscoll’s 141 Test caps places him fourth all-time with only Alun Wyn-Jones, Richie McCaw and Sergio Parisse ahead of him
- 83 of O’Driscoll’s caps for Ireland were as captain
- With a whopping 46 tries O’Driscoll is the all-time leading try scorer for Ireland. Keith Earls who is still playing at international level, is currently second on that list with 34*
- With this tally of international tries, O’Driscoll is the highest scoring centre and currently 8th all-time*
- O’Driscoll is also the all-time leading try scorer in the 6 Nations with 26 tries*
- Won the 6 Nations in 2009 and again in 2014 including the Grand Slam in 2009
- 4-time Triple Crown winner in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009
- 6 Nations Player of the Tournament 2006, 2007, 2009
- British & Irish Lions tourist in 2001, 2005, 2009 and 2013 and Series winner v Australia in 2013
- 3 time Heineken Cup winner in 2008–2009, 2010–2011, 2011–2012
- Selected in the World Rugby Team of the Decade 2010-2019
- Rugby World Player of the Decade 2010
*All stats are correct as of 13/9/21