Superstar musician Ed Sheeran has announced the = Equals Tour which could be the biggest tour ever...
Music superstar Ed Sheeran is one of the best-selling artists in the world right now and having taken a couple of years off after his record-breaking Divide Tour, the song writing sensation from Sussex will headline a gargantuan sell out tour in 2022 to promote the release of his new album = (Equals).
With the new album launching on the 29 October 2021 in the UK, Ed’s first concert of the tour will be in Cork, Ireland followed by multiple dates across Europe including countries such as Germany, France, Poland and of course the UK, where in addition to dates in Sunderland, Belfast, Cardiff and Manchester, Ed will perform an initial 3 consecutive night run at the legendary Wembley Stadium, London.
On 29 and 30 June as well as the 1st July, Sheeran fans will flock in their thousands to the home of England football and you can be a part of what could be the most popular tour in history. Known for his electric live performances, crowd interaction and back catalogue of seriously catchy tunes including, 'Perfect', 'Shape of You' and 'Thinking Out Loud', tickets for these concerts will sell out on the public market in no time so why not consider VIP hospitality as an option? Your tickets will be guaranteed, and you can enjoy the concert in the lap of luxury…no waiting in queues, drinks brought directly to you and some of the best views anywhere inside the stadium.
Regardless of what ticket option you choose, one thing is certain - The Equals Tour is likely to be the most popular tour of 2022. His 2017 Divide Tour toppled records all over the world as fans clamoured for a piece of the action and 2022 will be no different. Combine the fact that Ed has had a two-year hiatus and very little live music has been available to fans due to the pandemic, demand for this tour is higher than ever! With his popularity seemingly cemented, here’s just a few of the stats that make Ed Sheeran one of the most popular recording artists ever and show why his 2022 Equals Tour will be a record breaker too:
- Having sold more than 26 million albums and 100 million singles worldwide, Ed Sheeran is one of the globe’s best-selling artists
- His Multiply and Divide albums both sit within the top 100 of the UK’s best-selling albums ever
- All 16 songs from the deluxe version of Divide made the top 20 at the same time, smashing the preceding high. The previous record of 5 songs in the top 20 at the same time was achieved by four separate artists; Ruby Murray, Bill Haley & The Comets, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson
- With 672,000 copies shifted in the first week, the release of Divide was the biggest ever in the UK for any male solo recording artist. In fact, Divide went double platinum in the first week of sales and sold more copies in week one than the next 500 albums combined!
- The release of Divide currently sits at 3rd all time behind Adele’s ‘25’ and Oasis’ ‘Be Here Now’ which sold 800,000 and 696,000 copies in the first week respectively
- The Divide Tour which began in March 2017 and finished in August 2019 became the highest grossing tour by any artist of all time. The epic tour encompassed 260 shows, 48 different countries, 8.7 million people in total attendance and overall gross of $775.6 million
Not only do the numbers prove Ed Sheeran’s popularity, but he’s also been recognised globally for his song writing and has gained a number of accolades including:
- The Official Charts Company named Sheeran artist of the decade 2010-2019
- 5-time Brit Award winner including Best British Male solo artist on two occasions in 2012 and 2015
- Prestigious Ivor Novello Song writer of the Year Award 2015 and 2018
- 4 x Grammy Award winner including Song of the Year in 2016 for ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- 4 x Billboard Music awards including Top Artist in 2018
- Named by Spotify as the 2nd most streamed artist of the 2010’s behind Drake
- Awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours in 2017 for services to music and charity