Discover more about Johnny Herbert
Widely recognised as one of the greatest all-round racing drivers in the history of motorsport, Johnny Herbert is among an exclusive club of British drivers to have enjoyed a successful career in Formula 1.
Johnny began his racing career in 1974, racing karts when he was just 10 years old. His talent was immediately obvious and by 1978, he was the British Junior Karting Champion. After progressing through the ranks, he moved into Formula 3 racing. Following on from a successful debut, Johnny’s speed and skill began attracting attention which lead to Eddie Jordan quickly snapping him up for the 1987 season. That year he won the British Formula 3 title and the world of Formula 1 beckoned.
FORMULA 1 CAREER STATS
F1 Career: 1989 - 2000
Grand Prix Wins: 3
Podium Finishes: 7
Career GP points: 98
Best Championship Position: 4th
Best starting position: 4th
- Johnny beats over 100 drivers to win the prestigious Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch
- Signs for Eddie Jordan F3 team and gets the season off to a flying start with five wins
- Wins on his Formula 3000 debut at Jerez
– A mass pile up at Brands Hatch threatens to end his career, leaving him with serious injuries
- Johnny returns to motor racing with F1 team Benetton, finishing fourth in Brazil
– Takes victory for Mazda at the Le Mans 24 Hours alongside Bertrand Gachot and Volker Weidler
– Johnny joins Ligier and then Benetton
– Gains first ever F1 victory in front of a home crowd at the Silverstone Grand Prix
– Wins again at Monza, Italy to finish a career-best fourth in the Championship
– Joins Swiss-based F1 team Saube and secures two podium places
– Signs for Jackie Stewart's F1 team and wins the European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring
– Johnny wins the new Le Mans Series Championship
– Wins many races in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS)
– Appointed Sporting Relations Manager at Jordan Grand Prix
– Enters Le Mans 24 Hours and helps the Aston Martin team secure a top 10 finish
– Wins his first ever season of the middle-east based Speedcar Series
– Competes in the British Touring Car Championship for the first time, racing for Team Dynamic.
– Back on the top step of the podium in the Superstars International Series, driving a Chevrolet Lumina to victory at Kyalami
– Becomes an F1 race steward advisor, appearing at several Grand Prix
– Sky F1 Expert Analyst
Can't find what you're looking for?
If you can't find the event you were looking for, it may be because it's not on our website just yet. However, we have a massive catalogue and it is highly likely that we can help you. Send us an enquiry now and one of our experienced corporate hospitality sales team will get back to you as soon as possible.Send us an enquiry
Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers have to say.